A sound sleep is key to a healthy and happy life. Sleep is meant to relax the body and the mind. It helps in reducing stress. This is the reason why sleep is essential.
Yoga is a science and a discipline which focuses on the mind and body. Yoga is a technique that can provide you with immense satisfaction in terms of moderated heartbeats, blood circulation, bursting the stress, hence managing a sound sleep for you. The practice of yoga is ever popular today as it was thousands of years ago and the Yoga teachers in Rishikesh still follow the traditional and authentic yogic practices with sheer dedication and sincerity. They are the ones responsible for spreading the roots of authentic yoga to people all over the world through teacher training programs, events, retreats and more.
Sleep is a must to lead a healthy life after a long schedule of exhaustion. You should at least get 6 to 8 hours of sleep in a day. Even if you feel like the need of sound sleep but you are not able to get the same then you should go through the following methods of yoga which is taught during yoga training programs as well.
Shishuasana (Child’s Pose): You lay your chest, back, and shoulders to rest in this pose. Mostly, people are not able to have a sound sleep because of pain so they feel uncomfortable. By practicing this asana you may release your stress and go and get a sound sleep at night. Here are the guidelines to perform the child pose:
1. Sit down on the floor.
2. Your hips should rest on your heals.
3. Lower your body such that your abdomen rests on the thighs.
4. Stretch out your hands on the floor and your forehead should be on the mat.
The benefits are further elaborated below:
· Controls anxiety and stress.
· Relieves back, shoulder, and chest pains.
· Regulates blood circulation throughout the body.
· Eases the mind and body.
Meditation: A simple way to release stress is through meditation. You can start it with concentration meditation like this:
1. Sit in a silent space.
2. Close your eyes and recite some mantras.
3. Open your eyes.
4. Lit a candle and look at its flame continuously for a few minutes.
5. Let the thoughts around you vanish as soon as they arise.
The benefits of meditation are as follows:
· It makes you focused.
· It deals with stress and anxiety related issues.
· Increase tolerance power.
· You become more patient.
Bhramari Pranayama (Humming Bee Breath): It is practiced to leave a soothing impact on the body. It is a very common breathing practice. Here's the simple formula to perform this:
1. Sit on your yoga mat with a straight posture.
2. Close your eyes and feel the quietness within.
3. Place the index fingers on the ear cartilage.
4. Inhale deeply and while exhaling, press the ear cartilage while making the humming sound of a bee.
5. Keep doing it for at least a minute.
The benefits of Bhramari Pranayama:
· It helps in achieving the concentration of mind.
· Controls stress level.
Savasana (Corpse Pose): Savasana is the state where you have to lose yourself completely free. This asana is practiced after a yoga session.
1. Lie flat on the mat.
2. Keep your arms straight on either side and close your eyes.
3. Breathe deeply through your nostrils.
4. Relax your entire body and let go of any stiffness.
5. Concentrate on your different body parts and release the tension from that area.
6. Stay in the pose for at least 5 minutes.
Here are some detailed benefits of savasana:
· The body goes to a calm and relaxed state where no tension or workload bothers a person.
· After Savasana, you get up in an energetic mode. It can increase your level of consciousness.
· It is like a few minutes meditation which brings you to a calmer state of mind and gives us fresh energy.
Mostly, people suffer from anxiety issues when they are in tension or have any work-related pressure. Something goes on in your mind and doesn’t let you sleep. By practicing the above mentioned yogic exercises, you can easily get rid of stress and have a good night’s sleep without any difficulty.