Stop. Reduce work stress now, and here’s how:
1. Give yourself 15 minutes in the morning to plan your schedule, clear and respond to all the emails, and clean your workspace. This will leave you with less worry because now you know what to do all day.
2. Skip social media at workplace, unless you are a content writer or social media analyst. Regularly scrolling through social media wastes time, strains your eyes, and ultimately makes you anxious because you missed work.
3. Organize your space. I know many people don’t like that, but a clean space gives a sense of control and you’ll feel more in control than ever before. Apart from this, organize everything else such as picking the clothes night before and waking up early to getting ready on time.
4. Don’t compare your progress with others. There are a lot of factors that contribute to everyone’s success, maybe the other person has more experience, he/she is good at marketing, or they have worked harder every day of college to learn something extra. So, we really don’t know, but what we do know is that everyone proceeds at their own pace.
5. Don’t complicate things while talking to colleagues, clients, or your boss. Keep it simple, greet nicely, keep your point in a subtle, non-offensive way, and always smile. People will automatically start liking you which will release some of the tension.
6. If you are doing too much in a week, then stop, and reschedule some things. Don’t burden yourself with everything and push back things that can wait.
7. Challenge yourself so that you keep learning and keep achieving. This will never let you fall into a work-life rut which also increases stress. And when you’ll accomplish what you had challenged yourself with, it will be a happy day.
8. Most of us, keep thinking what we would like to accomplish in a day but do very less of it. Find a balance between your thinking and doing things. Also, fill your mind with positive thoughts rather than negative thoughts.
9. Pause. Sometimes you need a break. Stop worrying about that upcoming event, that meeting, and end of month schedule. Give yourself a break, clear your mind, read, sing, dance, and do whatever other than work for a few hours. This will keep you calm, and your mind off all the tensions.
10. Be positive and stay happy. Eventually, it all boils down to this- if you are happy or not. Therefore, make it a point to stay happy and positive in all situations. Do things that make you happy, and fill your mind with everything positive so that when you are in a difficult situation, you can think clearly.
By Vaishali Parnami