Winter is here, and it is time to plan your next vacation. Going out on a vacation is mainly about breaking free from the regular mundane life. However, the biggest concern for you, as a fitness enthusiast, while taking some time out for a vacation, is that it can hinder your fitness routine.
Even if you decide to work out during your vacation, the biggest problem would be to find the necessary fitness equipment. After all, not every hotel has a gym. Or worse, if you are close to nature, there probably would not be any fitness centre.
So, to make things simpler, we have come up with a list of solutions:
1. If the duration of the vacation is less than three weeks, it is completely OK if you cannot workout like you generally do. In fact, it is better if you do not do any kind of intense training during that period. After all, taking a vacation means taking a break from all the tiring and stressful things you regularly do. Just like your mind, your body needs a break as well.
2. Increase your physical activities by climbing the stairs instead of using the elevator, or running in a park instead of using the treadmill. Do free hand exercises like burpees, squats, sit-ups, and planks. You do not have to lift weights to stay fit.
3. If you are taking a vacation to the mountains or to the beaches, you still have a lot of options. In the mountains, you can go for a trek. There are not many better exercises known to humans than going on a trek. On the beaches, you can go for a swim, surf, and run.
4. Start learning a form martial art before you go for the vacation. It is good to take care of your body and doing all those fitness workouts, but nothing beats martial arts. Consider Bruce Lee, for instance. You can practise any form of martial art pretty much anywhere during your vacation. All you would need is a nice environment.
5. There is no better physical exercise for your mind and body than Yoga. Practising Yoga regularly can keep you fit. What’s more? Your body will be thankful to you for the rest of your life.
6. This one is probably the best suggestion – play a sport. Your body would not even know that it is working out, and you will stay fit.